A Practical Companion to Ethics PDF text book pdf download is given by Oxford University Press that special to you for free. A Practical Companion to Ethics free pdf download books release 2010-09-16 and has been changed to PDF file that you can read on your laptop,computer or mobile phone.
Detail A Practical Companion to Ethics :
A Practical Companion to Ethics, Fourth Edition, is a concise and accessible introduction to the basic attitudes and skills that make ethics work, like thinking for oneself, creative and integrative problem-solving, and keeping an open mind. This unique volume illuminates the broad kinds of practical intelligence required in moral judgment, complementing the narrower theoretical considerations that often dominate ethics courses. It offers practical instruction in problem-solving by demonstrating how to frame an ethical problem and deal effectively with ethical disagreements. The book also presents ethics as an ongoing learning experience, helping students to engage constructively with both the complexities of their individual lives and with the larger issues that exist in the world around them.
The fourth edition retains the most popular features of the previous edition, including challenging and relevant end-of-chapter exercises and brief text boxes that define key terms and review core strategies. The optimistic tone and brisk pace of the narrative provide an entertaining and intelligent guide to "everyday" morality. Ideal for introductory courses in ethics and applied ethics, A Practical Companion to Ethics, Fourth Edition, can also be used in any course related to critical thinking.
NEW TO THE FOURTH EDITION:
* A new chapter (3) covers ethical theories and better outlines the place of practical ethics within philosophy
* Significantly revised and expanded chapters (4 and 5) on conflicts of value and creative problem-solving in ethics offer additional guidance
* A new concluding chapter (6) on "Making a Difference" explains how students can incorporate ethical thinking and practice into their daily lives and includes a text box on "Writing to Make a Difference"
- Binding: Paperback
- Brand: Oxford University Press
- Product Group: Book
- Product Type Name: ABIS_BOOK
- Manufacturer: Oxford University Press
- Part Number: 9780199730582
- Release Date: 2010-09-16
- Edition: 4
- Publication Date: 2010-09-16
- ISBN: 019973058X
- Publisher: Oxford University Press
- Studio: Oxford University Press
- Number Of Pages: 144